ARISE Club Needs Members!

By+pxfuel

By pxfuel

Tamra Wegner, Reporter

Union’s ARISE Club is in serious need of new members! To spread the word, I have interviewed the leader, Mrs. Robb, to provide information on it, for anyone who’d be interested. Here’s what she’s shared:

What is ARISE Club about?

“It’s about showing kindness and love to others, in our school and our community. As a club, we brainstorm ways to make our school better and make people feel welcome and like they belong.”

What has ARISE Club been like in the past?

“Before Covid, we had a group of about 20-25 students, who would meet at lunch, eat together, laugh together, and hang out as friends. Triannually, we came up with community events to help others. For example, we went caroling at the senior center for Christmastime, we hosted an Easter egg hunt at the Quarry retirement home, and we handed out water bottles for Pathways Clinic’s ‘Run for Life’ event.”

What are the plans for success this year?

“So far it’s pretty undecided. We’ll probably make group decisions when we gain more members. The club is welcome to ANYONE!”

What makes ARISE Club important to you?

“It’s important to get involved, and this is an easy way to do it. We have a huge school, so it can be hard to connect sometimes. This club helps make that more possible. Plus, it looks good on resumés!”

If you are interested in joining, please make sure to meet in Room 311 on January 12th after school. Special thanks to Mrs. Robb, for her contribution to this Titan Tribune article, and for her action to spread positivity and make the world a better place!