• Check out our latest articles. Look in the ABOUT section to join!
The Student News Site of Union High School - WA

Titan Tribune

52°

Titan Tribune

Titan Tribune

Football: The Pink Out

Brooke Boyden

The last football game, Battleground vs. Union, was an exciting one. The crowd was filled with Titans coming from the band, dance team, and more. Many students also came without an extracurricular, just wanting to support their fellow students. With the theme being pink for Cancer Awareness, fans wore variations from pastel to dark shades of the color. The Titans were in full spirit, not unlike all the other games of the season.

One of the most notable reasons for coming to support last week was through Union’s band program. The band was present last Thursday with full spirit, often showing their pink through face paint, because of the traditional Titan-colored uniforms. During the game, two musicians, Ethan Leung and Tejas Illuri said in an interview that the best thing about the football games was the community and Titan Spirit. Another band member, Reegan Schaefer, said that she likes coming to the games to socialize. Flutist Rory Griffin, when asked what her favorite thing was, similarly stated, “Just hanging out with the people.”

Brooke Boyden

While the band is absolutely vital to our game’s overall environment, it isn’t the only thing that brings life to our games. The Dance Team, for example, is a very important addition to the Half Times. Emma Stephens, Captain of the team expressed, “I like our school spirit, and how it kind of brings us all together.” Emma also said that besides dancing, she likes coming to support the school.

Brooke Boyden

Of course, it wouldn’t be a football game without all of the players on our team. Down on the field they were in full gear scoring touchdowns for our school. Noah, Number 16, even stated that his favorite thing about the games is that throughout everything, his team has been fighting hard to win. 

While last week’s game wasn’t a win in terms of scoring, the overall atmosphere our school achieved was definitely a victory. Students came together for many reasons to support and cheer on the team. This whole season has been filled with exciting, memorable games, and the Titans have their final home game this Friday, October 20th against Camas High School. Come and show off your Titan Pride!